News and Announcements

Police department phone lines

The Police Department has been notified that the phone system at our dispatch center, the Merrimack County Sheriff’s Office, is having a system wide problem which has effected our local phone system.  If an officer or administrative assistant is in the office we will answer the phone.  If you receive no answer on the office line, 435-7535, this means there is no one in the office and the officers are out on the road.  If you receive no answer on the after-hours non-emergency line, 435-7211 (this goes straight to dispatch), please use 911, explain the phone system is down and ask to speak to an officer.  911 is a State system on a separate line and will work.  The Merrimack County Sheriff’s Office has advised they have Fairpoint, TDS and their IT department working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.  We apologize for any delay or inconvenience this has caused, we will update as soon as we are notified the problem as been fixed.

Chief Cain

New Hours for BCEP Effective January 1, 2018

Effective January 1, 2018 B.C.E.P. Solid Waste will have new hours of operation:

Tuesday – Saturday 8:00AM – 4:00PM

Scales close at 3:45PM

Closed Sundays and Mondays

Subscribe to the Special Edition

We are proud to release a Special Edition of the Pittsfield Community Newsletter. The Special Edition will be delivered at noon each day if new content is published to the town website home page. This newsletter is focused mainly on the town government and events that change during the week. The Weekly Edition is still available. SUBSCRIBE

Publish Your Event or Volunteer Effort!

The Services page on the Community menu promotes events located in Pittsfield, NH. It also lists services provided to our citizens, and describes some non-profit organizations in town. To add your content to the page, please submit your info, pictures and links to

Fishing and Hunting Licenses

Fishing and hunting licenses may be purchased at the Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office.

Boat & OHRV Registrations

Boats and OHRV may be registered at the Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s office.